Friday, October 29, 2010

A Husband's milestone, a Father's begining

So, its crazy to think that we have a child growing in Chrissie. I almost don't know how to react.

As I wake up, prepared to jet off on a sudden and rather uncommon business trip, Chrissie says "Watch your eyes" as she turns on the light. Confused (as I usually am in the morning), she shoves a plastic thing in my face. The words "pregnant" make sense in my mind about the time I remember what she was going to do in this morning ("One week late. Not uncommon for her, but we should be
sure").

Now, as I excitedly plan ways to deceive our neighbors and tell our parents, I wonder what to do next? The easy part is how to research it. I can google (or Bing) it, buy books, whatever. I do that every day ("Baby Engineering, a consultants guide") The hard part is preparing to be a dad. What should I be excited about, or ready for? I have some fantastic role models, and lots of help. When its all said and done, if I do half the job my dad did, I think my kid will be OK.

In the end, its an exciting time. I know that when the doctors visits start and the house bedroom redesigns happen, it will become much more real that my life is going to drastically change. I can only imagine how the drive to support your family becomes number one in your mind as a husband and father. How will it affect my decisions and directions?

Time will tell. For now, all I know is I love my wife, and I love my poppy seed sized baby. I think that's enough :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany