Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Oh the dreams

One thing that is a definite for all pregnant women is the dreams. Vivid, crazy, and constant.

Mine started last night.

But mine was not about an actual baby, which further confirms that the reality of an actual baby has not hit yet. Nor has it with Brent. No, this one was themed around the epidural. This has always been my biggest fear about prenancy. I KNOW I will want one, but it scares the living hell out of me. Its not the needle. I've been getting allergy shots for over three years, I had to get over any needle fear a long time ago. No. Its a HUGE needle going into my SPINE. My husband knows better than anyone else that if you get within a foot of my spine, I WILL kick you. I guess you could say I'm spine-aphobic? So the thought of a needle the size of a high heel going into my spine gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Several times since she has been pregnant, Hannah says she has heard there is a such thing as a non-spinal epidural. I have yet to look into this, but that sounds fantastic. Anyways, in my dream I was about to get the epidural and I asked the dr. about this so-called non-spinal epidural. He nonchalantly said "oh yeah, there's that too, here it is" and it was the size of a regular needle and I thought that's wonderful!! But then I started asking him questions about its effectiveness with pain management and if there are any known side effects or dangers to the baby....he had no clue!!! He even thought it might make my whole body numb, but wasn't sure. So, I was left to pick whether I got the horse-needle in my spine or the tiny needle that my dr. basically had no clue how to use. Then the dream ended.

Weird. I'm sure there are many more pregnancy dreams to come as it is THE ONLY THING I THINK ABOUT....so be prepared friends, family.

One day I hope to meet baby P in my dreams. Until then, I will continue on the faith that he/she is there, growing in my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany