Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The suspense is killing me!

What a whirlwind weekend.... For pregnant people, we sure do move around a lot it seems. Timing is everything for sure. We've now told Chrissie's closest family, as well as my best friend, and Chrissie's best friend. The hardest thing about telling people is having to hold off on telling the most important people (short of my wife of course). My family has been planning on coming in to town for months this weekend, and I have to wait until they get here! You know my mom and sister are going to flip out. I see it already! And my dad... That all knowing grin on his face will be priceless.

Its amazing letting people know about Chrissie and my surprise. Its funny because at this phase it is such a secret thing. My co workers, friends, customers... None of them know that my life is about to take a major change, and its going to affect all of them in different ways.

I think it's now (5 days in) starting to become more real. Chrissie is tired, but pushing through. I have always cooked healthy dinners, but now its getting kicked into overdrive (Organic milk with no hormones or drugs, free range chickens, whole wheat everything) to make sure my wife and baby stay super healthy, not to mention, picking up the slack so Chrissie can relax. She is still kicking ass (Laundry, dishes, etc) but I'm trying to be the gopher for the [now] unimportant things..

Anyways, having Ryan, Audrey, Hannah, and Aaron in the know is great. Their support through this will be critical, and frankly, giving Audrey a reason to push on Ryan is an added benefit (sorry buddy :) ). Also, Hannah and Chrissie going through this together is priceless. I know that it will tie our families together forever. Telling Chrissie's family was a great experience. There wouldn't be another chance for 2 weeks, and Chrissie would have burst waiting to tell her mom, grandmother, and aunt! The support structure my wife will have around her through this is going to be incredible.

But as the title suggests, I'm counting the days to tell my Mom, Dad, and Sister. I'm SO ready to have them involved in this experience. Their love and support has been with me for so long, its a weird gap right now.. but I know telling them in person is the right choice. The Blue Label on the rocks will be oh so sweet on the tongue! Mom, Chrissie, and Lauren are going to go wild together all weekend. Dad and I will be babied out, guaranteed.

The book I'm reading outlines this whole process to a T. You'd think 6 billion some odd people have gone through this before! What's going to happen next? The excitement is awesome! So much to come...

1 comment:

  1. So, now that your blog is public again, I'm getting to see all these nice comments about me.... I really appreciate you giving Audrey yet another reason to push on me ;-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany