Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Spreading the News - Part II

Alright - so now the Piercey's know, and all Brent's worries of them finding out via facebook or other such means can abate :) His parents came in this past Friday afternoon. We had plans to pour everyone a drink and deliver the news via a toast. However, before we could even get to this point, Brigitte commented on how well a couple kids would fit in the back seat of Brent's new truck. It was just too easy :) And of course this was followed up by "good thing that's going to happen in 7-8 months". Brigitte was completely ecstatic and Tony displayed the "all knowing smile" that B mentioned in his previous post. Because the method of news delivery went off course, I did not capture a picture of the moment like Brent had with my parents. However, here is one we took shortly after.

The next day, Lauren arrived and we told her the same way we told Jeremy, by giving her the frame I had made displaying "To Aunt Lauren, From Baby Piercey". 

Sunday, we all went to the Texans game and had great seats! The top was open to the stadium and the weather was beautiful.  Although, I could have enjoyed it better without the migraine, but whatever.




Lets see - current pregnancy symptoms. I pee a lot. Now its out there, so what. For those of you who know me well, I peed a lot pre-pregnancy so now, its on. Sometimes worse than others but I definitely am not making it through the night. No "morning sickness" in the sense that I haven't lost my cookies yet, but I do have rather frequent moments of "oh, that doesn't feel right". And starting just the last couple of days I'm starting to have food aversions. And not an aversion to just one or even a couple things....no, I pretty much can't stand the thought of eating anything I already ate in the previous couple of days. Awesome. Still tired despite a consistent 8-9 hours of sleep per day.

Oh, and the strangest symptom: everything makes me cry, particularly music. At first it was understandable songs such as "Who are you when I'm not looking" by Blake Shelton. But now songs such as the Glee a cappella remix of "Teenage Dream" and then even  "Kids" by MGMT??? What. the. heck. Ah, pregnancy hormones.

Its also been an absolutely crazy week at work. Not in the sense that the work load has been tough, but that there have been some surprising/crazy/exciting new developments. But alas, I can not divulge these details just yet. Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany