Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Spreading the News

Whew! Finally a minute to sit down and talk about last weekend! Keep in mind through all my "spread the news" stories that this is the first baby for both our families....very exciting!

Last Thursday we found out we were pregnant. It was Halloween weekend and we had plenty of fun activities planned here in Houston. After this fun little piece of news, we dropped it all and made a last minute trip to Austin. First up, my mom and dad!! We hadn't been at my parent's house too long when I just couldn't wait any longer. As planned, I approached my mom and asked her to feel a peculiar bump on my belly (as a massage therapist, she is used to people doing this and did not think twice when I did). After stating that she could not feel anything, I said "well, then we'll just have to give it another 8 months to grow". She was SO caught of guard and SO ecstatic! My dad said he had me figured out as soon as I asked her to put her hand on my belly. Brent caught a couple shots of the moment (and the 3rd is at lunch right after all this).



Later that evening, my brother and his girlfriend came over for dinner and that's when I broke the news to him. When deciding how to tell our loved ones, we couldn't decide if we would rather deliver the news verbally or by handing them something symbolic of a baby. Because of this, we decided to do it verbally with our parents and through a gift to our siblings. So, I spent my Friday afternoon making these for Jeremy and Lauren:


And here is a picture of my brother's reaction when handed his baby frame :)


The next day my Aunt and Grandma (who I am making a GREAT-Grandma for the first time) came over for a visit. We had been planning to tell all extended family at Thanksgiving, but once I saw them, I just could not keep it in! I asked them if they had noticed Brent's new truck outside and Brent casually mentioned how well the car seat would fit. They didn't really get it so he tacked on "in 8 months" and they went crazy :)

Last for our crazy-fast trip to Austin, we just had to tell our close friends, Ryan and Audrey. There was a very good chance we wouldn't see them until Christmas or even after the New Year, so we needed to take advantage of having them in person. (Also, we think its their turn  : p ). Anyways, we told them by taking out my new camera to "show off" and told them to check out this awesome picture I had taken. It was the picture of two pregnancy sticks, both with the word "Pregnant" displayed. Their reaction was the same as everyone else, surprise and excitement.

After returning to work on Monday it was driving me CRAZY that my best AND fellow-pregnant friend did not know yet. The plan was to wait until the weekend after next (since Brent's family will be in town this weekend), but after some email exchanges with her, it was apparent that we were going to have to just pop in on them one night. So surprise surprise, I chose that night. Hannah was the least surprised. While she was crazy excited, she was the only one that had begun to figure me out. Call it pregnant-women's intuition if you want. Afterwards, the 4 of us had dinner together and had fun planning our babies' wedding :)

Next up, the Piercey's!!! I am so excited!!!!! They are going to FLIP out!!

Baby P - you are probably going to be the most spoiled baby ever, and that is not an exaggeration. You are already so loved and you have barely reached the size of a blueberry. Which brings me to my last picture. Since I am 6 weeks tomorrow, I took my first belly pic...here it is! I hate to say it, but I doubt the slight bump is actually Baby P, but more likely a product of the 10 pounds I've gained since the beginning of the year. *sigh* already 10 pounds above where I want to be and pregnancy weight hasn't even started! oh well, I won't even care come 8 months from now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany